Friday, March 29, 2013

Quinoa oats with blueberry, peaches and honey

I really love breakfast, especially when it involves peaches and blueberries. My favorites. Now be open minded about quinoa. It's very versatile. From breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks, you can really do it all. Yesterday was the day before payday and we were making do with what we had. Thank goodness I keep a stock pile of quinoa at all times. It was quick and tasty. You probably don't have to add oats if you don't want to but I like my oats so I did.

1 cup cooked plain quinoa
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
1/2 cup sliced peaches (I use no sugar added canned peaches in water)
Honey or agave to taste (optional)
Granola (optional)

Prepare you're quinoa as directed. Add in oats and little extra water. Mix in the blueberries and peaches. Serve with honey and granola. Oh so good and warm.

Enjoy!
-D


No comments:

Post a Comment