Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Chocolate, peanut butter & banana Quinoa

Ah morning time. I always want something filling but not heavy. I'm on the third week of the "insanity" workout so I definitely need something that will fuel my body. Lord knows that "sh#t is bananas"!

I came up with this doozy last night before bed. I saw a lot of chocolate oatmeals and even chocolate granola but I really wanted to see how it would be with quinoa.

Hubby suggested the peanut butter, because, well you know- its peanut butter and it makes everything better!


1/2 cup quinoa
1 cup water
1 mashed ripe banana
1 sliced banana
1/3 cup egg whites
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 packets stevia
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk or fat free milk
3 tablespoons melted natural peanut butter

Heat quinoa and water to a boil, simmer for 15 minutes or until the quinoa has white rings around it. The water will be absorbed. Add in the mashed banana, stevia, cocoa powder and eggs whites. Mix it around to cook the egg whites.

Scoop into 2 bowls. Add sliced bananas on top, some almond milk and drizzled peanut butter. It's so pretty, almost a shame to mix it all up and eat it!

Yummmmmmm
Enjoy!
-D

 

1 comment:

  1. YUM! Trying this tomorrow! Thanks. PB does make everything better:)

    ReplyDelete