Tuesday, March 12, 2013

good clean preppin' fun!

This past weekend, I lost my "sunday food prep" virginity.  It was not as painful as I imagined.  Yea there was a mess, but I swear it was worth it.

 
I baked sweet potatos and chicken seasoned with italian seasoning, salt and pepper.  Chopped veggies like zuchini, mushrooms, cauliflower, peppers, and onion.  Whew.  It was all so hectic for about 2 hours.  My husband was so sweet and entertained the kids while I did this so it worked out. 


I'll be honest with ya'...the dishes, I could live without.  However, having ingredients ready in neat little tupperware and ziplock bags made up for the hour I'll never get back spent over the sink.  For all the mamas (and dadas) out there that struggle at dinner time this was so awesome to whip up some sweet potato, baked chicken and fresh veggies for the wee ones to munch on.  Of course a lot of it has to involve meal planning.  I'll get into that in another post soon, promise :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment