Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Breakfast of Champs!

The kids slept in today!  Woooow.  That never happens.  In a wonderful mood I was in! They we're even good patiently waiting for breakfast (brunch).


I had some sweet potato left over from my food prep escapade so I had a thought.  What a delicious thought that was.  I've seen different combos of sweet potato, eggs and avocado all over the interweb and today was the day I conquered my own super breakfast.

This serves 4

Avocado, sweet potato, and egg over toast

4 slices of whole wheat, no sugar added, no preservatives bread (I use nature's own)
4 eggs poached, fried, baked or whatever you want.  I like the poached b/c of the runny, ooey gooey to spill over-goodness!
1 ripe avocado
2 small sweet potato's cut into rounds with skin on
sriracha (optional)
salt and pepper to taste

Prepare the eggs how you want them.

Put you're bread in the toaster over or toaster, you want it crispy and somewhat hard.  You're going to load it up with some deliciousness so you want it to be firm to stand up under pressure!

Cup up the sweet potato's into rounds, about 1/4 inch thickness. 

Cup up the avocados in slices.  You're going to mash all this up so don't worry about it being purrrty.

Once your toaster dings, all the cutting is done and you're eggs are eggrific to you're liking start the assembling of the breakfast.

I placed the sweet potato rounds, about 4 rounds to 1 piece of toast.  Mashed that down a little bit and followed it with the avocado.  Mashed that down a bit as well.  Place you're eggy on top of all that and break the yolk or dig into it if it's hard yolk.  I seasoned mine with salt, pepper, and sriracha hot sauce. 

Hubby said it was a interesting combo of food and spice, but he came shy of licking his plate afterward ;)

Enjoy!

-D




 

2 comments:

  1. Yum! That looks so good! I'm obsessed with all things avocado right now! Didnt even think to add the sweet potato! Can't wait to try it for breakfast! Thanks!!

    Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Breakfast, lunch and dinner- if I could have avocados for every meal I probably would :) hope you enjoyed it!

      Delete