Friday, March 29, 2013

Protein pancakes

I have been steadily trekking through my clean eating journey for the past 2 months. I can't believe I'm sticking to it and better yet, actually enjoying it. It's really not a diet. It's a life change. It feels good that even my kids are reaping the benefits of all this clean food being thrown at them. I actually don't throw food at my kids, but I'm sure they would think its hilarious. Ok.

The point is, it's nutrition. Food for nutrition. Fuel for our bodies. Energy. My almost 7 year old Stevie is not as active as I'd like him to be. However, we have been taking our kids for hikes a few times a week and yesterday he decided he was going to ride his bike up the trail. A hill! Imagine the look on my face, I was sooooo proud, and yes I owe it entirely to healthy food and nutrition.

I whipped up these pancakes to fuel up for our hike!

1 cup oat flour (old fashioned oats, quick oats, whatever oats in a blender until its flour consistency)
2 tablespoons coconut flour
4 tablespoons ground chia seeds (Anutra)
3 tablespoons Greek yogurt
2 mashed ripe bananas
2 eggs
2 packets stevia
1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk or whatever milk you want to use
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 cup sliced peaches (optional)
1/4 cup blueberries (optional)
Almond butter (optional)
Agave or whatever syrup you like in your pancakes (optional)

Mix all the ingredients except desired fruit and toppings. Once the batter is mixed up good (it will be thick, add more milk if you like a thinner cake) fold fruit into the batter and cook it all in a griddle or pan. Serve warm with almond butter and agave.

Enjoy!
-D


No comments:

Post a Comment