Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Cleaned up chocolate munchkins

Chocolate. Coconut. Peanut butter. Do I have you're attention yet? Good. Now listen up. I'm from New England y'all! Total oxymoron sentence, I know. But fo' real, New England is home of the Dunkin' donuts on every block. Home of the most delicious munchkins, doughnuts, bagels and lets not forget coffee. There are no dunkins' anywhere near me and even if there were, I don't believe they are "clean". Actually, I know they are not.

It's that time of night. Hubby and I want something sweet, but we don't want to sacrifice our clean lifestyle for the sake of some sweet thang. So I scrounged he cabinets (it's 2 days away from grocery day, slim pickings!) and came up with this:

Chocolate, peanut butter, and coconut "munchkins"



What you need:
1/2 cup pitted dates
1/2 cup raisins
1 1/2 tablespoons all natural peanut butter
1/3 cup shredded real unsweetened coconut plus a little more for rolling the balls in
5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 packet stevia
1 teaspoon real vanilla extract

Put all of you're ingredients in a food processor or magic bullet or whatever you got until smooth.

Scoop out tablespoon full of the mixture and roll it between you're hands. Roll the balls in a little more coconut (optional$ and place them wax paper lined plate.
We ate these right after they were made but if you're into the cold chocolate then you could always chill them for a bit. This recipe makes about 10 balls.




Hubby and I ate 2 each, and that's all we could take- they are rich. We saved some for the kiddies to try in the morning :)
Try it with a ice cold glass of fat free milk or almond milk.

Yummmmmm!

Enjoy!
-D

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment