Saturday, May 11, 2013

Oatmeal raisin cookie muffin oats with peanut butter and fruit

Some mornings I just wake up super hungry, and breakfast should always be you're biggest meal! So I indulged a little and had peanut butter this morning (!).

I found these amazing little packets of oatmeal at my commissary (grocery store for non military) they're by "Better oats" and have some serious nutrition. With real raisins, flax seed, whole grain oats, low in sugar (not refined and some flavors even have no sugar) they pack a healthy punch! Normally I would just use plain oatmeal but hey I'm feeling frisky!

I started by cooking the oatmeal in the microwave with just water. The oat revolution packets are labeled to measure the water right in the packet. Genius! Then I mixed in about 1/2 cup almond milk. Next, I mashed half a banana and mixed with 2 tbs chia seeds. I then diced the other half of the banana and added it on top of the oatmeal. Next, strawberries, a dollop of raw almond butter and a sprinkle of chopped pecans. Lastly, (and folks this may not be 100% clean but I'll take the 0 calories and 0 sugar over 200 calories any day!) I added a drizzle of walden farms sugar free, calorie free pancake syrup. This is probably about the tastiest breakfast ever! Enjoy.

-D







1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious. I love the nutrition little chia seeds add. Recently I pan fried some tilapia coated with chia seeds and bread crumbs. BUT my husband won't eat chia, because he is terrified it will make him test positive on a urinalysis test (he is Army). Does your hubs eat chia seeds?

    ReplyDelete