Friday, September 20, 2013

Healthy whole wheat strawberry white chocolate banana bread

After a short little hiatus I am glad to be back to my foodie blogger roots! I have been training for my first ever fitness competiton (!) So here I am after 8 weeks of intense weight lifting, dieting and mental torture... Ugh I'm telling you, I was literally carb depleted for most of it and I do NOT recommend that route. Anywho, tomorrow is my show so naturally I have been baking and freezing for the last couple days all in anticipation of a most glorious post competition CARBOHYDRATE REFUEL!!! yessssssss. So here is what I am most looking forward to, coincidentally it is baking in the oven and filling my house with the most amazing aromas of fall, sweetness and just plain out heavenly goodness the clean mama style. Gotta keep it healthy right?

2 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2 ripe bananas
6 medium strawberries
2 eggs
3 tbs honey
1 tbs brown sugar
1/4 cup greek yogurt
1/4 cup canola oil or melted coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla
3 tbs white chocolate chips (Can sub any other mix ins)

Start by preheating you're oven to 350 and greasing a bread loaf pan.

In a large bowl whisk and set aside: flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.

In a separate bowl mash together remaining ingredients except white chocolate chips.

Mix in just until moistened dry mix to the wet mix and fold in chocolate chips.

Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan and bake for about 40-50 minutes. Allow to cool before cutting.
Maybe try topping it with some almond butter or cinnamon butter :)

Enjoy!
-D



No comments:

Post a Comment