Saturday, April 20, 2013

Chocolate protein pancakes

This pancake idea came to me last night, and I think I hardly slept because I wanted them so badly! Here is my recipe for triple chocolate protein brownie pancakes.

Pancakes:
1 cup oat flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 tbs baking powder
1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder
2 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 packets stevia
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
2 mashed bananas
3 tbs greek yogurt
1/2 cup almond milk (little more if needed for consistency)
2 eggs beaten
1/4 cup chia seeds

Preheat you're griddle.

Mix all wet ingredients (including chia seeds) In a separate bowl. Set aside and mix dry ingredients in another bowl except chocolate chips. Combine wet and dry ingredients and fold in chocolate chips. Once you're griddle is hot geese it with a little coconut oil and start pouring the batter. It will be thick so you may need a spoon to help spread it around. Flip and cook some more.

For the sauce I mixed some chocolate pb2, almond milk and Greek yogurt in a bowl and microwaved for a few seconds until warm. Poured it on top of my pancakes as drizzled some walden farms pancake syrup. I added strawberries to complete my Chocolate mouth-gasm! Enjoy!

-D


No comments:

Post a Comment